A multi-national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm was keen to set itself up as a leading provider of infrastructure design and consulting services in a new territory that it had no infrastructure presence in.
Hire an infrastructure director who is familiar with that market in that region and has a proven track record in winning new work and setting up offices to spearhead this initiative. Hence, Moein Varaei (who is now the Principal Consultant at GES) was hired.
To achieve this goal, Moein Varaei:
- Set up the office;
- Developed a business plan;
- Carried out business development activities;
- Prequalified the company with some of the key players in the industry;
- Tendered, negotiated contracts and won new projects;
- Ensured adequate resources and talented staff were recruited and made available for all projects; and
- Led all projects as a project director.
During his tenure, the firm was securely established in the regional market as an infrastructure consultant and worked on numerous roads and utility projects in the region.